Kafka >> mail # user >> Maven repo for kafka?

Maven repo for kafka?
Hello,

I'm just getting started ramping up with kafka (pretty cool so far).

I wasn't able to find a public repo for the kafka jars (and in looking back
at the archives for this list, it seems that this question comes up from
time to time).

Are there any plans to make kafka integrate better with maven, via a public
repo?

I was able to generate a pom.xml, using "./sbt make-pom".  And then upload
the pom and the jar to our nexus repo, etc.  So that's a stop-gap solution
(albeit cumbersome).

I am curious, why does the generated pom have a groupId of "kafka" and an
artifactId of "kafka-core_2.8.0".  (what's the 2.8.0 for?).

Traditionally, apache projects have maven group ids like "org.apache.kafka"
and artifactId like "kafka-core".

Thoughts?

Jason