MapReduce, mail # dev - Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-07, 16:49
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-08-08, 06:59
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-08, 15:18
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-08, 21:29
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-09, 20:15
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-09, 20:53
+
Doug Cutting 2013-08-09, 21:28
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-08-10, 05:56
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-08-10, 06:10
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-10, 14:01
+
Giridharan Kesavan 2013-08-12, 18:30
Re: Upgrade to protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release, HADOOP-9845
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-08-12, 18:37
Giri,

first of all, thanks for installing protoc 2.5.0.

I didn't know we were installing them as the only version and not driven by
env/path settings.

Now we have a bit of a problem, precommit builds are broken because of
mismatch of protoc (2.5.0) and protobuf JAR( 2.4.1).

We have to options:

1* commit HADOOP-9845 that will bring protobuf to 2.5.0 and iron out any
follow up issues.
2* reinstall protoc 2.4.1 in the jenkins machines and have 2.4.1 and 2.5.0
coexisting

My take would be to commit HADOOP-9845 in trunk, iron out any issues an
then merge it to the other branches.

We need to sort this out quickly as precommits are not working.

I'll wait till 3PM today  for objections to option #1, if none I'll commit
it to trunk.

Thanks.

Alejandro

Alejandro