HBase, mail # user - HBase split policy

Re: HBase split policy
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-23, 02:39
Another related question.

What will trigger the split?

I mean, I merge all the regions in a single one, split that in 4 2.5GB
regions, alter it to set maxsize to 300MB and enable the table. I
don't do anything. No put, no get. What will trigger the regions
split?

I have one small table, about 1.2GB with 8M lines. I merged it in a
single region, and setup the maxsize to the 12MB. It got almost
split... All the regions got split except one.

Here is the screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/hannibalb.png/

It's not the first region, not the last. There is nothing specific
with this region, and it's not getting split.

Any idea why, and how I can trigger the split without putting any data
into the date?

Thanks,

JM