Hadoop >> mail # general >> HDFS-1623 branching strategy

Re: HDFS-1623 branching strategy
Hey everyone,

Since it seems that several people are opposed to the modified CTR portion
of my initial proposal, I'd like to retract that.

Given that the proposed modified CTR is really trying to address a problem
that may not in fact occur in practice (slow reviews on the branch) let's
just go with RTC as is done on trunk, and if it turns out that waiting for
reviews is slowing down progress on the branch, we'll revisit the discussion
at a later date.

I hope this allays the concerns raised.

Best,
Aaron