Hadoop >> mail # user >> Trying out AvatarNode

Trying out AvatarNode
Hi,

I am trying to use the AvatarNode, and the my first question is on this line

This code has been contributed to the Apache HDFS project via
HDFS-976<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-976>.
A prerequisite for this patch is
HDFS-966<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-966>
.

HDFS-966 has already been committed to trunk in 0.21. Is it also also
available in 0.20? How do I then apply HDFS-976 and do I have to? Please
excuse my basic questions - if there is a place to learn about patch
practices, please point me to it.

Thank you,
Mark