HBase >> mail # user >> Question about HFile seeking

Question about HFile seeking
Lets say I have the following in my table:

            col1
row1       v1          ------> HFile entry would be "row1,col1,ts1-->v1"
             ol1
row1c     v2          ------> HFile entry would be "row1c,ol1,ts1-->v2"

Now I issue a prefix scan asking row for row "row1c", how do we seek - do
we seek directly to row1c or would we seek to row1 first and then to row1c.
The reason being that the HFile keys are the same for both the keys. I
simply absorb one character from the column into the row.

Thanks
Varun