HBase >> mail # user >> openjdk7 and hbase

+
Alok Singh Mahor 2013-03-30, 18:38
+
Tariq 2013-03-30, 18:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-30, 19:41
+
lars hofhansl 2013-03-30, 21:42
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-30, 22:10
Re: openjdk7 and hbase
IIRC it was because no committer was running HBase (or Hadoop for that
matter) in production on anything other than the Sun/Oracle JDK. Maybe I'm
an old cynic but for me a successful unit test run does not equal safe for
production. What has to happen for me between a green build and production
is a lot of cluster/application testing qualification. If someone does this
with OpenJDK 7 and has no issues, that would be something. Maybe this is
something Bigtop or Nick's integration test automation idea could help with.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)