Hive >> mail # user >> RE: Regarding Hive

Re: Regarding Hive

I have Hive running with cygwin and windows, you need to apply this
patch though:

It will work fine except if you use AUX_PARAMs which I still have to
find the time to fix.

The other options for running on windows are:

* Run a Linux virtual machine (e.g.
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-training-virtual-machine)

* Run coLinux (www.colinux.org), which is really like a virtual machine
with linux, but it doesn't require a virtual machine software like
vmware or xen. You will still need to scp the files between the guest
linux machine and the host windows machine, so not as smooth as cygwin.

-- amr