MapReduce >> mail # user >> SequenceFile syncFs behavior?

SequenceFile syncFs behavior?
Hi all,

Could somebody clarify me the behavior of SequenceFile.syncFs(). From the
source, I saw this function is deprecated, and hsync() or hflush() is
recommended? However, it seems like current stable release of HBase (0.94)
or the cloudera distribution (4.0) uses syncFs for its HLog file.

Would syncFs() guarantee data durability?

I am using hadoop 2.0.

Many thanks,
Thanh Do