Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib

Re: [VOTE] Abandon hdfsproxy HDFS contrib
Well put Allen.

My thinking is to move this API into HDFS removing the need for HDFS proxy. Then you can use the http proxy of your choice if you have needs for a proxy (we do this for external bandwidth management, security and ip space preservation reasons).

I'm +1 for removing it.

We can always revive the project in extras if the API changes hit a wall.

---
E14 - via iPhone