MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop NON DFS space

+
Chris Embree 2013-01-16, 12:45
Re: Hadoop NON DFS space
I think you can still run with the OS on another drive, or on a live
USB drive, or even on the memory only, loaded from the network while
the server is booting from the network drive, etc. No?

JM

2013/1/16, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> That would be really cool Chris.
> +1 for that.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> https://mtariq.jux.com/
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Chris Embree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Ha, you joke, but we're planning on running with no local OS.  If it
>> works
>> as planned I'll post a nice summary of our approach. :)
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> <kidding> Wipe your OS out. </kidding>
>>>
>>> Please read: http://search-hadoop.com/m/9Qwi9UgMOe

>>> --
>>> Harsh J