Hive, mail # user - How to overwrite a file inside hive table folder

Re: How to overwrite a file inside hive table folder
MiaoMiao 2012-09-17, 04:12
What do you mean by "a file"? If your HDFS dir contains several file
and you want to overwrite one, then no way you can do it with HiveQL.
You can check out this link and see if it suits you.

https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/languagemanual-dml.html#LanguageManualDML-Writingdataintofilesystemfromqueries

My way of exporting hiveql result as a single is this:
echo "some,column,name">some.file
hive -S -e "select some, column, name from some_table"|sed -e
"s/\t/,/" >> some.file