Hive >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7 use the old mapred API

Hive 0.7 use the old mapred API

Hi,
Our company current is using CDH3 release, which comes with Hive 0.7.1.
Right now, I have the data coming from another team, which also provides the custom InputFormat and RecorderReader, but using the new mapreduce API.
I am trying to build a hive table on these data, and hope I can reuse the existing InputFormat. But I got a problem, that in HIVE 0.7.x, only old API is supported.
I have 3 options now:
1) Upgrade whole hadoop system,which is not a real option as right now.2) Ask the other team to provide the custom InputFormat/RecorderReader under old mapred API. I am working on this, but not sure if it is possible or how long.3) Writable a wrapper class, providing old API based on the new API class. My question is, is the 3rd optional valid? Does anyone do the similar things before?

Thanks
Yong
+
Mark Grover 2012-12-04, 07:47