HBase, mail # user - HConnection.locateRegions returns null

+
Lyska Anton 2013-01-02, 16:17
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-02, 16:33
Re: HConnection.locateRegions returns null
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-03, 00:34
Here is the code for locateRegion:

    @Override
    public List<HRegionLocation> locateRegions(final byte [] tableName)
    throws IOException {
      // TODO implement.  use old stuff or new stuff?
      return null;
    }
As you can see, it's like what Nicolas is saying. Always return null.

However, relocateRegion is calling a private locateRegions which is
not returning null.... You might want to try that?

Also, I played few weeks ago with the  region balancing. You can take
a look here to see what I did.
http://www.spaggiari.org/index.php/hbase/changing-the-hbase-default-loadbalancer
You can do yours based on that.

Nicolas, should we not have locateRegion "simply" calling the private
locateRegion method?

JM

2013/1/2, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> It's actually not implemented (I will update the javadoc for the latest
> version)
> You can use locateRegion(final byte [] tableName, final byte [] row), and
> iterates on all region start keys to get all the regions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Lyska Anton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to write simple tool for rebalancing regions in cluster.
>> For that I need current location of all regions.
>> I've found method HConnection.locateRegions(**tableName), but it always
>> returns null.
>> Also, i've tried to call HConnection.locateRegion(**regionName), and it
>> returns null too.
>>
>> sample code:
>>
>>         Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
>>         config.set("hbase.zookeeper.**quorum", host);
>>
>>         HConnection connection = HConnectionManager.**
>> createConnection(config);
>>         List<HRegionLocation> locations >> connection.locateRegions(**tableName);
>>  //return null here
>>
>> HBase Version    0.92.1-cdh4.1.2
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

+