HBase >> mail # user >> HConnection.locateRegions returns null

Re: HConnection.locateRegions returns null
Here is the code for locateRegion:

    @Override
    public List<HRegionLocation> locateRegions(final byte [] tableName)
    throws IOException {
      // TODO implement.  use old stuff or new stuff?
      return null;
    }
As you can see, it's like what Nicolas is saying. Always return null.

However, relocateRegion is calling a private locateRegions which is
not returning null.... You might want to try that?

Also, I played few weeks ago with the  region balancing. You can take
a look here to see what I did.
http://www.spaggiari.org/index.php/hbase/changing-the-hbase-default-loadbalancer
You can do yours based on that.

Nicolas, should we not have locateRegion "simply" calling the private
locateRegion method?

JM