Avro, mail # user - Avro mime type

Re: Avro mime type
Sean Busbey 2012-10-22, 21:58
Hi Wolfgang!

The current avro spec mentions that when HTTP is being used as a transport
for an Avro-defined protocol that the content type 'avro/binary' should be
used.[1] There's an open issue[2] about this not being a valid content
type, though there hasn't been movement in a while.

AFAICT, this means there isn't a general best practice at the moment. I
have some ideas on the matter, perhaps we could discuss this on the dev
list and then update the relevant jira?

-Sean

[1]: http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#HTTP+as+Transport
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-488