Accumulo >> mail # user >> Why Would Accumulo v1.4.1 Run Major Compaction on a One Tablet Table?

+
David Medinets 2013-02-01, 20:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-02-01, 20:25
+
David Medinets 2013-02-01, 20:37
+
Christopher 2013-02-02, 17:26
Re: Why Would Accumulo v1.4.1 Run Major Compaction on a One Tablet Table?
There is no direct correlation. A tablet will minor compact multiple times
as data is added. Once the files cross a certain size threshold, a split is
initiated. Once the number of files for a tablet crosses a certain numeric
threshold, a major compaction occurs.