Hive >> mail # user >> changing field delimiter for an existing table?

changing field delimiter for an existing table?
Is that possible?

What I am trying to do is create an S3 table using CTAS. Since CTAS doesn't
allow specifying a location, I have to create a managed table first:

CREATE TABLE T AS
SELECT ...;

(I don't want to fix T's schema because the list of selected expressions is
dynamically generated and can change.)

Then, I want to create an s3 table like T:

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE S LIKE S
LOCATION ...;

Unfortunately, I can't specify a different delimiter there ('\t' instead of
the default one).  Is there another way to do that before INSERTing into
the S3 table?

Thanks!
igor
decide.com