Accumulo, mail # dev - How to contribute to Accumulo using git.

+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-07-18, 17:50
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-21, 00:32
+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-07-22, 17:11
Re: How to contribute to Accumulo using git.
Josh Elser 2013-07-23, 01:44
Happy to see some code, Supun. I'll try to poke around.

Out of curiosity, is your git config for 'user.name' wrong? Who's
"Chathuri Wimalasena"?

On 07/22/2013 01:11 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I have the initial versions of the tablet graphs and table graphs in the
> github GSOC_MONITOR branch of my fork. I'll continue to improve the code
> and will start looking in to the JMX changes.
>
> https://github.com/supunkamburugamuva/accumulo
>
> Thanks,
> Supun..
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the page I had published in my personal space have made it to the
>> prod accumulo.a.o site.
>>
>> When you have something that you believe is ready to be included in
>> Accumulo, you should be able to open a pull request against the
>> apache/accumulo Github repository and a notification should be sent to
>> dev@a.a.o. You'll likely be the first to test if this works, but, if it
>> doesn't, we can work through the details.
>>
>> I look forward to seeing some code!
>>

>> On 07/18/2013 01:50 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> For the GSOC project contributions here is what I have done. I'm not sure
>>> weather this is the correct way.
>>>
>>> I've forked the Accumulo project in Github.
>>> Got a clone and created a branch called GSOC_MONITOR from the trunk branch
>>> of the repository
>>> Then push the changes to this branch.
>>>
>>> Is this a correct way? I went through this path because github is bit
>>> familiar to me.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/**supunkamburugamuva/accumulo<https://github.com/supunkamburugamuva/accumulo>
>>>
>>> I can do this as described in the
>>> http://people.apache.org/~**elserj/git/git.html<http://people.apache.org/~elserj/git/git.html>if the above is not a correct