Accumulo >> mail # dev >> How to contribute to Accumulo using git.

+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-07-18, 17:50
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-21, 00:32
+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-07-22, 17:11
Re: How to contribute to Accumulo using git.
Happy to see some code, Supun. I'll try to poke around.

Out of curiosity, is your git config for 'user.name' wrong? Who's
"Chathuri Wimalasena"?

On 07/22/2013 01:11 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I have the initial versions of the tablet graphs and table graphs in the
> github GSOC_MONITOR branch of my fork. I'll continue to improve the code
> and will start looking in to the JMX changes.
>
> https://github.com/supunkamburugamuva/accumulo
>
> Thanks,
> Supun..
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, the page I had published in my personal space have made it to the
>> prod accumulo.a.o site.
>>
>> When you have something that you believe is ready to be included in
>> Accumulo, you should be able to open a pull request against the
>> apache/accumulo Github repository and a notification should be sent to
>> dev@a.a.o. You'll likely be the first to test if this works, but, if it
>> doesn't, we can work through the details.
>>
>> I look forward to seeing some code!
>>

>> On 07/18/2013 01:50 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> For the GSOC project contributions here is what I have done. I'm not sure
>>> weather this is the correct way.
>>>
>>> I've forked the Accumulo project in Github.
>>> Got a clone and created a branch called GSOC_MONITOR from the trunk branch
>>> of the repository
>>> Then push the changes to this branch.
>>>
>>> Is this a correct way? I went through this path because github is bit
>>> familiar to me.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/**supunkamburugamuva/accumulo<https://github.com/supunkamburugamuva/accumulo>
>>>
>>> I can do this as described in the
>>> http://people.apache.org/~**elserj/git/git.html<http://people.apache.org/~elserj/git/git.html>if the above is not a correct