HBase >> mail # user >> Starting Region Server with HBase API

+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 12:15
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 13:18
+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 14:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 16:08
+
Mehmet Simsek 2013-04-19, 16:34
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-19, 17:30
Re: Starting Region Server with HBase API
Hi Ted,

In our cluster,some region server may be stopped because of running jobs.

We want to control region servers every 15 or 30 minutes and if there are dead region servers,these will be started automatically in java application.

We can maybe run this program in unix server.

Thanks.

M.Nurettin Şimşek

On 19 Nis 2013, at 20:30, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you tell us a bit more about your requirement ?
>
> Looks like you want to control the cluster size (number of region servers
> in particular). Once the requirement is outlined, we can think of formal
> way to address it.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Mehmet Simsek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Security isn't necessary for us.We want to start region server in java
>> application.
>>
>> How can we do?
>>
>> Mehmet Şimşek
>>
>> On 19 Nis 2013, at 19:08, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> By java application I assume it is an HBase client.
>>> Is your HBase cluster secure ?
>>>
>>> How you thought about security implication of allowing client app to
>> start
>>> region server ?
>>>
>>> Cheers

+