Pig, mail # user - GSoC 2013

+
burakkk 2013-03-28, 20:28
Re: GSoC 2013
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-03-29, 16:10
Hi Burakk,
The general idea of making graph processing easier is a good one. I'm not
sure what exactly you are proposing to do, though. Could you be more
detailed about what you are thinking?
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM, burakkk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I might be a little bit late. I come up with a new idea for the last
> minute. Currently I'm working on social graph processing. I think we can
> implement a solution for pig.  With this idea I'm thinking to apply the
> GSOC 2013 so that I can do some tasks about it. Is there any mentor to do
> it with me?  Is there any suggestion? :)
>
> Details:
> Of course I can improve some join operations. I'm not sure is there any
> implementation about fuzzy joins for instance. These are the papers that I
> found
>
> Fuzzy Joins Using MapReduce
> http://ilpubs.stanford.edu:8090/1006/
>
> Dimension independent similarity computation
> http://arxiv.org/abs/1206.2082
>
> MapReduce is Good Enough? If All You Have is a Hammer, Throw Away
> Everything That’s Not a Nail!
> http://arxiv.org/pdf/1209.2191.pdf
>
> Large Graph Processing in the Cloud
> http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/bshe/sigmod10_demo.pdf
>
> ..etc
>
> Thanks
> Best regards..
>

> --
>
> *BURAK ISIKLI** *| *http://burakisikli.wordpress.com*
> *
> *

+
burakkk 2013-03-30, 17:12
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-04-01, 16:20
+
burakkk 2013-04-01, 18:35
+
burakkk 2013-04-02, 08:04
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2013-04-02, 16:20
+
burakkk 2013-04-02, 16:48
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-04-08, 18:57
+
Steve Bernstein 2013-04-08, 19:22
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2013-04-09, 07:10