MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: how to add JournalNodes

Re: how to add JournalNodes
You need to restart your NameNodes to get them to use the new QJM
5-host-set configs, and I think you can do that without downtime if
you're already in HA mode by restarting one NN at a time.

To add new JNs first though, you will currently have to rsync their
directory from a good JN to get them into the cluster (i.e. rsync the
data from a good one before you start the new JNs). They will not
auto-join otherwise.

--
Harsh J