Hadoop >> mail # user >> Debugging YARN AM

Debugging YARN AM
Hi all,

I can successfully debug the MapReduce ApplicationMaster in standalone mode
by launching the pi estimator example with this command:

hadoop jar hadoop-mapreduce-examples-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar pi
"-Dyarn.app.mapreduce.am.command-opts=-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000" 10 10

and then attaching a debugger to port 8000 using Eclipse. This doesn't work
with the DistributedShell example, presumably because it's not configurable
with yarn.app.mapreduce.am.command as it's not MapReduce. Looking in
yarn-default.xml, I don't see an equivalent parameter. For learning
purposes, how can I debug the DistributedShell example (and other AMs)?

Thanks!

Curtis