Pig >> mail # user >> Decide if function is algebraic at planning phase

+
Ugljesa Stojanovic 2012-10-08, 19:01
+
Alan Gates 2012-10-09, 15:10
+
Ugljesa Stojanovic 2012-10-10, 13:18
Re: Decide if function is algebraic at planning phase
Hi!

Out of curiosity: what for? Algebraic works faster in most cases.

Possible solutions:
1) Maybe you can disable the use of combiner or something else that is
related. Maybe if you change the Configuration to
pig.exec.nocombiner=true
that will disable the use of Algebraic, but I am not sure, that's just a thought
2) You can embed pig into Java or Python from where you can construct
pig scripts pro grammatically, using the appropriate UDF
implementation

Best Regards, Ruslan