Hadoop, mail # user - CDH and Hadoop

Re: CDH and Hadoop
Rita 2011-03-23, 15:12
Mike,

Thanks. This helps a lot.

At our lab we have close to 60 servers which only run hdfs. I don't need
mapreduce and other bells and whistles. We just use hdfs for storing dataset
results ranging from 3gb to 90gb.

So, what is the best practice for hdfs? should I always deploy one version
before? I understand that Cloudera's version is heavily patched (similar to
Redhat Linux kernel versus standard Linux kernel).