Pig >> mail # user >> AvroStorage Issue - Possibly version related

+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-09-19, 16:23
+
Mark Wagner 2013-09-19, 18:24
+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-09-19, 19:14
+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-09-19, 20:10
Re: AvroStorage Issue - Possibly version related
It hits this error when json-simple-1.1.jar is not in classpath. You can
get around that by adding it to PIG_CLASSPATH apart from registering the
jar.  The problem is with java classloading where it fails to load the
exception class(ParseException) thrown by a constructor of the class(
AvroStorage) from the custom classloader which includes the registered
jars. Can you file a jira for this? I had spent some time earlier trying to
find solution but couldn't. If fixing classloading is not possible, easy
thing would be to change AvroStorage constructor to throw RunTimeException
instead of ParseException

Regards,
Rohini

+