HBase >> mail # dev >> Catalog Tables for Coprocessors

Re: Catalog Tables for Coprocessors
Inline

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Mike Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to prototype some schema management functionality with
> coprocessors.  One thing I would like to do is persist the schema.
>
> I'm assuming I'll probably want to create a catalog table for it.  Is this
> correct?  Is there a specific way I should initialize this table?
>
> I'm also assuming if I want to notify RegionObservers of change to this
> catalog, I probably want to use ZK.

 RegionObservers are configured as part of RegionServers.  There are no of
hooks provided in the RegionObservers each one called before pre/post of a
particular operation.  So no ZK needs to be used.
Suppose if you are planning to create a new catalog table for your schema
management and you have some writes or reads to be done on this table, then
you have the hooks which automatically gets called during the flow of
read/write respecitively.  Just ensure that you have a Region Observer
configured and ensure that the hook works only for the new catalog table if
that is what you want.

If am wrong in understanding what you meant kindly revert back.