HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data

+
Gerrit Jansen van Vuuren 2013-01-08, 08:56
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-08, 06:36
+
Farrokh Shahriari 2013-01-08, 05:05
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-08, 05:12
Re: Tune MapReduce over HBase to insert data
Hi again,
I'm using HBase 0.92.1-cdh4.0.0.
I have two server machine with 48Gb RAM,12 physical core & 24 logical core
that contain 12 nodes(6 nodes on each server). Each node has 8Gb RAM & 2
VCPU.
I've set some parameter that get better result like set WAL=off on put,but
some parameters like Heap-size,Deferred log flush don't help me.
Beside that I have another question,why each time I've run mapreduce,I've
got different result time while all the config & hardware are same & not
change ?

Tnx you guys

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you read through http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance ?
>
> What version of HBase are you using ?
>
> Cheers
>
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Farrokh Shahriari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi there
> > I have a cluster with 12 nodes that each of them has 2 core of CPU. Now,I
> > want insert large data about 2Gb in 80 sec ( or 6Gb in 240sec ). I've
> used
> > Map-Reduce over hbase,but I can't achieve proper result .
> > I'd be glad if you tell me what I can do to get better result or which
> > parameters should I config or tune to improve Map-Reduce/Hbase
> performance
> > ?
> >
> > Tnx

+