From: Flavio Junqueira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 November 2013 10:10
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Leader election in C# client

Hi Ben,

I'm not familiar with the C# implementation, but I suspect that:

- The session id is indeed to be able to identify the znode in the case the client sees a connection loss event and reexecutes the create;
- The sequence number creates an order among the bidders so that when a master crashes (ephemeral znode goes away), not all clients are notified. This solves the herd effect problem: many nodes being notified upon a single znode going away.

-Flavio