MapReduce, mail # user - Map reduce technique

Re: Map reduce technique
Sandy Ryza 2013-03-06, 05:50
Hi Balachandar,

In MapReduce, interpreting input files as key value pairs is accomplished
through InputFormats.  Some common InputFormats are TextInputFormat, which
uses lines in a text file as values and their byte offset into the file as
keys, KeyValueTextInputFormat, which interprets the first token on a line
as the key and the rest as the value, and WholeFileInputFormat, which uses
an entire line as a value.  If you wanted to process an image file in a
specific way, you would probably need to supply your own InputFormat.

Does that help?

-Sandy