Zookeeper, mail # dev - Roadmap?

Re: Roadmap?
Benjamin Reed 2012-01-04, 21:31
we've done roadmaps in the past, and they don't seem to work out. in
the end it all really depends on the contributions that we get. making
releases feature based tends to encourage the just-in-time
implementation of the required features at the last minute, which
leads to a delayed and unstable release. it might seem like we can at
least suggest direction of work for the next release, but there are
really two key things we need to continually work on: stability and
testing. imo all the rest: scalability, performance, manageability,
features, etc. will come as they are ready and make sense.

perhaps the roadmap should be more time based than feature based: july
1st, we will be doing a release, so in june it will be stability and
test patches that are going in, and then in july 1st we release what
is ready.

ben