Hadoop >> mail # user >> Avro vs Protocol Buffer

Re: Avro vs Protocol Buffer
+1 to what Bruno's pointed you at. I personally like Avro for its data
files (schema's stored on file, and a good, splittable container for
typed data records). I think speed for serde is on-par with Thrift, if
not faster today. Thrift offers no optimized data container format
AFAIK.

--
Harsh J