Pig >> mail # user >> Unregistering jars

Unregistering jars
Hi, I'm having trouble updating jar files containing udf's.  In my testing,
I often find that I need to change a udf but when I redeploy a jar for it, I
can't seem to get pig to acknowledge the new code (I get the same error as
before despite knowing the stack trace couldn't have come from the new
code).

I tried some of the obvious things like "sh rm <jar file>", restarting pig,
and re-registering the jar but none of them seem to work.

Is there a way to update jars like this without having to constantly change
the names of the functions (my current hacky workaround)?
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-10-06, 16:06
+
Raghu Angadi 2011-10-06, 21:25