HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

+
Stack 2013-08-31, 03:35
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-31, 11:15
+
Devaraj Das 2013-08-31, 18:23
+
Stack 2013-08-31, 22:17
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-08-31, 22:16
+
Stack 2013-08-31, 22:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 16:41
+
Stack 2013-09-02, 17:00
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 17:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 17:51
+
Stack 2013-09-03, 13:06
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-03, 13:57
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-03, 19:56
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-03, 20:19
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-04, 01:17
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-04, 01:30
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 03:31
+
Stack 2013-09-04, 00:09
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-04, 02:35
+
Stack 2013-09-05, 00:34
Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
So I posted an update in HBASE-9338[1].  For me this sinks the release
and I'm -1 biding until we can figure out what's causing this data
loss.

Thanks Devaraj for testing. Good to know that others are also seeing a
failure.  If other could test too I would really appreciate it.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-9338#comment-13760594

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> hbase-0.96.0  will be our next major release.  It is intended to supplant
>> the 0.94.x series.
>>
>> hbase-0.96.0RC0 is our first candidate for release hbase-0.96.0.
>>
>> The signed tarballs are available here:
>>
>>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/0.96.0RC0/
>>
>> The hbase built against hadoop1 artifacts are here:
>>
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-126/
>>
>> The hbase built against hadoop2 artifacts are here:
>>
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-127/
>>
>> Note that hbase-0.96.0 comes in two flavors; a build that includes and
>> runs on hadoop-1.x and another for hadoop-2.x.  You must chose the hbase
>> that suits your hadoop context.
>>
>> Almost 2k issues [1] are attributed to this version (counting fixes done
>> against this and the 0.95.x developer series of releases).  Almost 100
>> fixes have been committed since 0.95.2.  I will follow up w/ a synopsis of
>> the major changes.
>>
>> Please take it for a spin.  We are interested in any issues found but in
>> particular, we would appreciate feedback on how well the migration of a
>> 0.94.x dataset to run under 0.96.0 works [2].
>>
>> Should this candidate become hbase-0.96.0?  Please vote +/-1 by September
>> 9th.
>>

>> St.Ack
>>

> Its looking like Elliott has an issue to sink this RC but while he's
> figuring it, is there any other feedback on this RC?  It would be good to
> get issues now early so we can get them fixed before we cut he next
> candidate.
>
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
+