HBase >> mail # user >> Tests fail while building 0.90.3

Re: Tests fail while building 0.90.3
Thanks Ted for suggesting to use eclipse and debug the tests. It helped a lot.

So the issue is with the "testWritesWhileGetting" unit test in the org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegion test.  In the unit test,
 "initHRegion" method is used to initialize a new HRegion.This method tries to create a new HRegion, if one does not exist else deletes an
existing one and creates it again. In my case, the deletion was not happening as the log files related to the previously created HRegion
were still in use and hence the IO exeception.

I looked into a little deeper to find that "initHRegion" method takes inputs as table name, calling method name and names of column families.
In this unit test, both the table name and the calling method name were "testWritesWhileScanning". I changed the calling method name to be
"testWritesWhileGetting" and all my unit tests pass.

So I am suspecting this was a small error in the test, which needs to be fixed. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks
Vandana

Vandana Ayyalasomayajula