Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hadoop >> mail # user >> Unrecognized option: -jvm


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Unrecognized option: -jvm
You masta been using some awkward version of Hadoop...

The issues has been fixed a number of times (see HDFS-1943 for example).

Cos

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:21AM, Majid Azimi wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm realy new to hadoop. I have configured a single node hadoop cluster. but
> seems that my data node is not working. job tracker log file shows this
> message(alot of them per 10 second):
> ********************************************************************
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,558 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker:
> Retrying...
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,589 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer
> Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0
> nodes, instead of 1
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1417)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:596)
>     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:523)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1383)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1379)
>     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>     at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:416)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1377)
>
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1030)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:224)
>     at $Proxy5.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:82)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:59)
>     at $Proxy5.addBlock(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.locateFollowingBlock(DFSClient.java:3104)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSClient.java:2975)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.access$2000(DFSClient.java:2255)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSClient.java:2446)
>
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,589 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Error
> Recovery for block null bad datanode[0] nodes == null
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,589 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Could not get
> block locations. Source file "/tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/system/jobtracker.info"
> - Aborting...
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,590 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Writing to
> file hdfs://localhost/tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/system/jobtracker.info failed!
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,593 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: FileSystem
> is not ready yet!
> 2011-10-16 00:01:15,603 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker: Failed to
> initialize recovery manager.
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /tmp/hadoop-root/mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0
> nodes, instead of 1
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1417)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:596)
>     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB