Devaraj Das 2013-02-06, 21:53
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stack, did you lose the bet to JD yet :-)
It is not looking good.
> But seriously, should we consider branching 0.96 now? I know there are
> quite a few blockers/criticals but they can be fixed/merged even after
> the branching. Given that we want to release sooner a 0.96, I think it
> makes sense to branch sooner as well and lock the scope somewhat (that
> will also hopefully avoid creating more new blockers).
Was waiting on the outstanding big code movements -- snapshots coming in,
prefix-tree, client module moves -- and nailing rpc format /keyvalue
serialization going forward for 0.96 so we don't have to do it in two
> Should it be only Snapshots? Should it be RPC, KeyValue serialization
> & Snapshots. There are many other things being developed in trunk and
> many of them are probably okay for 0.96 as well if they are completed
> on time. But I think we should put a stake on the ground and consider
> a date for branching and work towards achieving that. After that it'd
> be up to the RM to consider something for 0.96 or not.
> Should we aim for Feb 28 as the date for branching. Then we can have
> an RC in approximately 1.5 - 2 months (April mid-end), and it would
> probably be in line with what Andrew was thinking about when he
> started this thread. Does it sound too aggressive?
How about Feb15th?
Thanks for revivifying this thread DD.
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-06, 23:11
Stack 2013-02-06, 23:26
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-06, 23:29
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-07, 08:41
Stack 2013-02-07, 20:54
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-02-06, 22:11
Stack 2013-02-06, 22:52