Hive >> mail # dev >> Behavior of Hive 2837: insert into external tables should not be allowed

Re: Behavior of Hive 2837: insert into external tables should not be allowed
Well now hive has a property

hive.insert.into.external.tables which is true by default.

So the default behaviour/semantics is unchange unless the switch is
thrown. That is a fair compromise all be it semi confusing when there
is already two other ways to prevent someone from editing the table
(one being the hive access/authorization framework)

Edward