HBase >> mail # user >> split table data into two or more tables

+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 18:36
+
Kevin Odell 2013-02-08, 18:41
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 18:40
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-08, 18:51
+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 18:59
Re: split table data into two or more tables

On 02/08/2013 01:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The rationale is that I have a mapred job that adds new records to an hbase table, constantly.
> The next mapred job selects these new records, but it must iterate over all records and check if it is a candidate for selection.
> Since there are too many old records iterating though them in a cluster of 2 nodes +1 master takes about 2 days. So I thought, splitting them into two tables must reduce this time, and as soon as I figure out that there is no more new record left in one of the new tables I will not run mapred job on it.
This use-case is very common and a good practice here is to pre-split
the regions to control exactly where to put your data and the size of
it, keeping
always the numbers of regions more manageable.

> Currently, we have 7 regions including ROOT and META.
Can you share your conf/hbase-site.xml ?

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda,
Product Manager && Data Scientist at UCI
Blog: http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
Twitter: @marcosluis2186 <http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186>
+
alxsss@... 2013-02-08, 22:16