Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-02-07, 03:59
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.3-alpha
I downloaded the binary package and ran a few example jobs on a 3 node
cluster.  Everything seems to be working OK on it, I did see

WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

For every shell command, but just like with 0.23.6 I don't think it is a
blocker.

+1 (Binding)

--Bobby

On 2/6/13 9:59 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.3-alpha that I
>would like to release.
>
>This release contains several major enhancements such as QJM for HDFS HA,
>multi-resource scheduling for YARN, YARN ResourceManager restart etc.
>Also YARN has achieved significant stability at scale (more details from
>Y! folks here: http://s.apache.org/VYO).
>
>The RC is available at:
>http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
>The RC tag in svn is here:
>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.3-alpha-rc0/
>
>The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
>
>Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
>
>thanks,
>Arun
>

>--
>Arun C. Murthy