From: Sever Fundatureanu [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HBase table disk usage

I was only du'ing the table dir. The tmp dirs only had a couple of hundred
bytes in my case.
The HFile tool only gives the avgKeyLen=46. This does not include 4 bytes
KeyLength + 4 bytes ValueLength.
Now indeed I get a total of 54 bytes/KV *1.5 billion ~= 81GB. Probably
there are also leftovers from HDFS blocks not being fully occupied.

Thanks,
Sever

--
Sever Fundatureanu