HBase, mail # user - Coprocessors on specific servers

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-06-26, 15:44
Re: Coprocessors on specific servers
Lars George 2012-06-26, 15:48
Hi Mohammad,

The code runs on the server which is opening the region. It sounds to me that this is not what you want and that you need to have access to some sort of resources only available on one specific server? Because if that is not the case, then you are simply using the coprocessors the wrong way IMHO.

Lars

On Jun 26, 2012, at 6:44 PM, Mohammad Tariq wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>         Is it possible to use Coprocessors on some specific
> regionservers instead of a per-region basis??As per my understanding a
> coprocessor allows us to run the code directly on each region
> server.Please correct me if I am wrong.Many thanks.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
+