Pig >> mail # user >> JOIN fails with Index Out Of Bounds Error

JOIN fails with Index Out Of Bounds Error
Hi,
When doing an inner join on a column where some values are NULL, I get
the following error:

I can fix this by simply filtering out the NULL values in a separate
step before joining, but the current behavior doesn't sound right to me,
so I wanted to ask here before I do that. What's happening now sounds a
lot like this:
That bug was fixed on PIG 0.7, and I'm using PIG 0.8.1, so I'm trying to
decide whether I should reopen it, or whether this is something else. Ideas?

Eli