HBase, mail # user - does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-22, 19:49
Just to add to Mohammad's advices, you should avoid to run ZK on the same
servers as you are running HBase.

Reason is, if you are running in long GCs, ZK might miss the heartbeats and
thinks servers are down. So safer to run same separately if you can.

JM