Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 03:19
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 02:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 13:56
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 14:28
+
Christopher 2013-09-18, 18:09
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-18, 15:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 14:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 14:22
+
Christopher 2013-09-19, 15:15
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:28
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-19, 15:33
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-20, 16:09
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-19, 15:40
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-23, 02:42
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-24, 23:14
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 01:15
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 18:05
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:10
+
Keith Turner 2013-09-25, 19:37
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 19:45
+
Bill Havanki 2013-09-25, 21:24
+
Christopher 2013-09-25, 21:34
+
Mike Drob 2013-09-26, 02:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-25, 21:56
+
Christopher 2013-09-26, 02:27
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4 RC2
Josh Elser 2013-10-01, 02:09

On 09/25/2013 10:27 PM, Christopher wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sep 25, 2013 12:10 PM, "Christopher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> MD5s and SHA1s look good, and so does the GPG signatures.
>>>
>>> I saw the following issues:
>>>
>>> 1) No javadoc jar (should be defined in the "apache-release" profile).
>> So it would seem that `mvn deploy -Papache-release` isn't sufficient?
> I'd have thought it would be, but I'm not sure why it didn't do it.
> Ideally, though, you should be doing: mvn release:prepare
> release:perform
> The profile should be activated automatically and it'll do the deploy
> in the perform step.
I'll just have to play with this. I was following the ASF published
maven release guide which shows the release:prepare and release:perform.
Not sure why the javadoc jar wasn't made..
>>> 2) Tarball looks like it isn't using gnu tar format. This could cause
>>> problems with long filenames on some systems. You need the following
>>> in your pluginManagement section:
>>>          <plugin>
>>>            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>            <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>>>            <configuration>
>>>              <tarLongFileMode>gnu</tarLongFileMode>
>>>            </configuration>
>>>          </plugin>
>>> (I really don't know why that isn't the default. This might be
>>> addressed with the "apache-release" profile)
>> x.x
Looking into apache-13.pom
(http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/13/apache-13.pom), it
would appear that it should be making a gnu tar, but I'll leave the
addition of that the instamo pom. Not sure how it would've generated
anything other than a gnu format tarball.
>>> 5) There appears to be a discrepancy between the LICENSE and NOTICE
>>> files that are in the project and the archetype-resources. I'd expect
>>> them to be the same.
>> I'll check into that.
There is only one LICENSE and one NOTICE file in the repo. Was your
point that they should also be placed in the archetype-resources? I
suppose that makes sense as this ASF license project is generating code
which is also ASF licensed?
+
Josh Elser 2013-09-26, 04:12
+