MapReduce >> mail # user >> Question on adding Hadoop XML to Configuration Object

Re: Question on adding Hadoop XML to Configuration Object
Instead of setting the xml files programmatically, why not set the
HADOOP_CONF_DIR env variable to '/usr/local/hadoop-1.0.2/conf/'?
That way, you can just create a new Configuration() object and the files
will be loaded for you without any extra work.