Pig, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Pig 0.12.0 (candidate 0)

+
Daniel Dai 2013-10-06, 06:28
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-10-06, 21:21
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-10-06, 21:26
+
Daniel Dai 2013-10-06, 23:54
+
Daniel Dai 2013-10-07, 00:05
+
Mark Wagner 2013-10-07, 18:53
Daniel Dai 2013-10-07, 19:14
Hi, Mark,
Thanks for reviewing. "-SNAPSHOT" is intentional according to "
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HowToRelease". When user
build the release, the version will be {next version}-SNAPSHOT. The
CHANGE.txt should be updated. I will roll another release.

Thanks,
Daniel
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Mark Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for assembling this. I have two comments:
>
> It looks like this RC still has version 0.12.1-SNAPSHOT:
>
> [mwagner@mwagner-ld pig-0.12.0-src]$ curl -O
>
> http://people.apache.org/~daijy/pig-0.12.0-candidate-1/pig-0.12.0-src.tar.gz
> ;
> tar -xzf pig-0.12.0-src.tar.gz; grep -a1 -m1 "property
> name=\"pig.version\"" pig-0.12.0-src/build.xml
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
>  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
>  Speed
> 100 13.8M  100 13.8M    0     0  1196k      0  0:00:11  0:00:11 --:--:--
> 1547k
>     <property name="piggybank.pom" value="${basedir}/ivy/piggybank.pom" />
>     <property name="pig.version" value="0.12.1" />
>     <property name="pig.version.suffix" value="-SNAPSHOT" />
>
> In addition, 0.12.0 is listed as unreleased in CHANGES.txt.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Daniel Dai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a candidate build for Pig 0.12.0.
> >
> > Keys used to sign the release are available at
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pig/trunk/KEYS?view=markup
> >
> > Please download, test, and try it out:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~daijy/pig-0.12.0-candidate-1/<
> http://people.apache.org/%7Edaijy/pig-0.12.0-candidate-0/>
> >
> > Should we release this? Vote closes on EOD next Wed, Oct 9th.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Daniel
> >
> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE