Hadoop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components

RE: [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components
Zheng, Kai 2013-09-05, 07:29
Got it Suresh.

So I guess HADOOP-9797 (and the family) for the UGI change would be a fit to this rule right. The refactoring is improving and cleaning UGI, also preparing for TokenAuth feature. According to this rule the changes would be in trunk first. Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Srinivas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop SSO/Token Server Components

> One aside: if you come across a bug, please try to fix it upstream and
> then merge into the feature branch rather than cherry-picking patches
> or only fixing it on the branch. It becomes very awkward to track. -C
Related to this, when refactoring the code, generally required for large feature development, consider first refactoring in trunk and then make additional changes for the feature in the feature branch. This helps a lot in being able to merge the trunk to feature branch periodically. This will also help in keeping the change for merging feature to trunk small and easier reviews.

Regards,
Suresh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE