Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
Carl,

I think Ashish is trying to avoid exactly this issue of any preferential
treatment to Hcat committers *becoming* Hive committers. If Hcatalog as a
subproject of Hive is accepted, both of us are advocating Hcat committers
becoming Hive committers immediately.

If you read Ashish's comment, it would become clear that when Hive, Pig
etc were subprojects of Hadoop, they had full Hadoop committership.

But none of them committed to hadoop core.

And that worked well.

So, why change the rules now ?

- Milind

---