Hadoop >> mail # user >> Grouping comparator

Grouping comparator
Hi,

Can someone please explain default implementation of grouping comparator i.e. if I do not specify a custom grouping comparator then which comparator is called to decide the grouping for reducer.
I searched a lot on web but could not find a satisfactory explanation for its default implementation.
Regards,
Ajay Srivastava